Barton H. Wachs, MD, FACS
Barton H Wachs MD is the founder of Atlantic Urology Medical Group. Born and raised in Long Beach California, Dr. Wachs always knew he wanted to return to Long Beach. Building a team of excellence, Dr. Wachs has been practicing Urology in the community for over thirty years. He also pursued additional Certifications and Training and is recognized as an expert in the areas of:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Male Infertility
- Minimally Invasive Prostate Procedures and Drug Treatments
- Neurogenic Bladder Conditions
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy – over 7,000 performed.
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Clinical Trial Programs
- Bachelor of Arts. Botany. University of the Pacific, Stockton CA
- Medical Degree. University of California, Irvine CA
- Urology Residency. Washington University, Saint Louis MO
- 1982 – Present. Clinical Instructor. Harbor UCLA.
- 2001 – Present. Urologic Consultant. CA Department of Rehabilitation.
- 2007 – 2009. Assistant Chair, Department of Urology. Memorial Medical Center Long Beach CA
- 2008 – Present. Member of the Board of Advisors. Men’s Health Network.
- 2008 – Present. Expert Reviewer. Medical Board of CA.
- 2009 - 2012. Chair, Department of Urology. Memorial Medical Center Long Beach CA
- 2018 – Present. Urologic Consultant. Federal Prison System.
- 2022 – Present. Chair, Department of Urology. Memorial Medical Center Long Beach CA
- Founder. Impotence Anonymous.
- Founder. Clinical Trials Director. Atlantic Urology Medical Group
- Founder. UsTOO Prostate Cancer Support Group. Long Beach CA Chapter
- Doctors Without Borders. Urologic Consultant.
- Advanced Certifications and Training:
- American Board of Urology. 2003 to present.
- CA Department of Industrial Relations. Qualified Medical Examiner. 1994 to present.
- CA Department of Aviation. Aviation Medical Examiner. 1994 to present.